In 1904 this chemical was announced as the standard way of disinfecting drinking water, not because it was the safest or most effective, but because it was the cheapest.
This is the same poisonous weapon that was used to kill hundreds of thousands of people in World War II. This deadly chemical is none other than Chlorine.
Today the U.S. Council Of Environmental Quality admits that drinking chlorinated water increases your cancer risk by a whopping 93%
Chlorine is a pesticide and it’s purpose is to kill living organisms. It’s added into our water supply to protect us by killing off harmful bacteria. Ironically, it has quite the opposite effect.
When you drink water that is chlorinated, sure it kills of harmful bacteria, but it also kills the living cells and tissues inside your own body. After all, you yourself are a living organism.
“Chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times,” says Dr. Robert Carlson, a highly respected University of Minnesota researcher, who’s work is actually sponsored by The Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
Even the research team at the Medical College of Wisconsin claims, “We are quite convinced that there is an association between cancer and chlorinated water.”
To make matter worse, Chlorine reacts with organic matter creating deadly compounds called trihalomethanes (THMs) and haloacetic acids (HAA5s). These disinfectant byproducts are 100 times more toxic than chlorine itself.
These byproducts trigger the production of free radicals in the body, causing cellular damage, they are highly carcinogenic. One of the most common and well known carcinogenic THMs formed is chloroform.
These free radicals weaken the immune system, cause liver and kidney malfunction, heart disease, and even stroke.
According to The Environmental Defense Fund, “Although concentrations of these carcinogens (THMs) are low, it is precisely these low levels that cancer scientists believe are responsible for the majority of human cancers in the United States.”
Several studies have found that communities drinking chlorinated water have an increased risk of breast, bladder, kidney, and rectal cancers.
So what can you do to protect yourself?
Stop drinking chlorinated water and unfortunately drinking bottled water won’t protect you from this poison as much as you think it should.
Up to 40% of bottled water is actually regular tap water. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has regulations that apply to the public water supply, but they do NOT apply to the bottled water industry.
- Adya Clarity 30-Day Human Clinical Trial Report. [link]
- Adya Clarity’s EPA Certified Lab Tests Reports on Water. [link]
- Water Chlorination – Is Chlorine in Drinking Water Safe?. Published by Dr. Joseph Mercola. [link]
- Disinfection Byproducts: A Reference Source. Published by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). [link]
- The Negative Health Effects of Chlorine. Published by Joseph G. Hattersley on OrthoMolecular.org. [link]
- Bladder Cancer in Massachusetts Related to Chlorinated and Chloraminated Drinking Water: A Case-Control Study. Published by National Center for Biotechnology Information. [link]
- Chlorine, Cancer, and Heart Disease. Published by Global Healing Center. [link]
- Chloroform – Industrial Chemicals. Published by CAREX Canada. [link]
- Weapons of War – Poison Gas. Published on FirstWorldWar.com. [link]